Friday, January 14, 2011

Dream Weaver...

January 14th, 2011

22 weeks down, 18 still to go! As my belly expands horizontally, along with the other round parts of my 29 year old body, I am finding that it is increasingly more difficult to get OUT of the horizontal position whenever I'm not at work. What I mean is that all I want to do is lie down and SLEEP. With sleep comes dreams...and I've quickly come to realize that dreaming while with-child is VERY different than the 'normal' illogical journeys that dreams tend to take me on.

Kangaroos give birth to their young at 33 days of gestation; the little 'Joey' is only 1/2 inch long. Last night I dreamt that I birthed a teeny tiny kitten; the size of a kangaroo baby. Within a couple of hours it had grown into a full size cat. While I held on to it with loving arms, I was telling my husband how it had his green eyes and my dark hair and that I was sorry because I must have taken the 'animal' pill vs. the 'human' pill when we were trying to conceive. I assured him we would try again right away and that I would be sure to take the right meds. :)
Apart from losing my energy again (thought I had a wee bit more time to enjoy my 2nd wind in this trimester) the only other annoyance is my loss of vocabulary and inability to articulate. My words are falling out of my mouth much faster than previous months (listening to me tell any type of story a few months ago required taking PTO. Just ask anyone). But unfortunately they are in the wrong order and often times on top of one another making me sound like a Chatty Cathy doll on Speed. I'm considering a new career as an Auctioneer.

1 comment:

  1. I dream"t about you last night also. You were getting a boy but wanted a girl so you had to have the DR give you a girl shot to change it. We need some pics of your baby bump. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete