Monday, January 31, 2011

Head, shoulders, knees and toes...knees and...whew...toes...

January 31, 2011

While enjoying a nice little Monday night with just myself, my dog Chloe, and House Hunters International on HGTV, I decided that I would 'treat' myself and paint my toenails. 

Now, I could just stop right here because the ridiculous, laugh-inducing images that a pregnant woman trying to paint her own toenails conjures up are certainly already welcoming themselves into your head and unpacking their suitcases for the weekend. 
Go ahead. Smile.

I didn't know such a menial and once-enjoyable task that usually came with such happiness could end up being so involved. OH MY GOD. Here are my rules for painting your toenails while pregnant: (applies to 6 months +)

Rule #1: Expect the unexpected.  Do not expect those sweet, innocent-looking cotton balls to stay in place in between your swollen toes. Prepare yourself with a tweezers to pick the cotton fluffs off the surfaces of your newly painted nails; unless you are going for that "Cottonwood Seeding in The Summer" look. 

Rule #2: Breathe. Unless you are built like Gumby, prepare to have to do some major bending around your belly to get to southern-most point of your body. If you don't breathe into and out of the bending, you'll start to see stars. If this happens, add another 10 minutes of sitting back and relaxing to the process. 

And finally...
Rule #3: Commit early. Pick a color you can live with until you can get your nails done professionally... because this just might be the last time you'll want to do this to yourself. :)

This blogspot brought to you by California Raspberry by OPI, Tweezerman tweezers, and my Yoga classes at Lifetime Fitness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment